Terms & Conditions / Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with Altaworx, LLC. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document Altaworx, LLC may suspend or terminate your account.
Altaworx, LLC’s Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) for Altaworx, LLC Services is designed to help protect Altaworx, LLC, Altaworx, LLC’s customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by Altaworx, LLC. Altaworx, LLC reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time.
Prohibited Uses of Altaworx, LLC Systems and Services:
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Altaworx, LLC’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on Altaworx, LLC’s servers, is prohibited. Altaworx, LLC accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
3. Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Altaworx, LLC customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any Altaworx, LLC-hosted domain, or referencing any Altaworx, LLC account, is prohibited.
4. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
5. Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
6. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “cracking”).
7. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
8. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Altaworx, LLC customers or end-users by any means or device.
9. Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the Altaworx, LLC network or on another provider’s network.
10. Using Altaworx, LLC’s Services to interfere with the use of the Altaworx, LLC network by other customers or authorized users.
Customer Responsibility for Customer’s Users
Each Altaworx, LLC customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from Altaworx, LLC, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an Altaworx, LLC customer will be forwarded to the Altaworx, LLC customer’s postmaster for action. If violations of the Altaworx, LLC Acceptable Use Policy occur, Altaworx, LLC reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating Altaworx, LLC’s AUP as Altaworx, LLC deems appropriate, without notice.
9-1-1/E9-1-1. Customer understands that all of Altaworx. (ALTAWORX) calling Services are internet based, or services that are more commonly referred to Voice Over Internet Protocol (“VoIP”) and that the emergency services calling capabilities associated with the Service provided by Altaworx are different from those offered by a traditional provider of local telephone service. Therefore, Altaworx’s VoIP telephony Services are not meant to be relied upon in case of an emergency. While Altaworx attempts to provide access and to facilitate the Customers’ connection with emergency services, Altaworx VoIP Service is not; and should not be intended to be used to support or carry emergency calls to hospitals, law enforcement agencies, medical care units or any other kind of like and/or similar emergency service providers. An Altaworx Customer should maintain an alternative means of calling emergency services.
- Customer agrees to inform all end users of Altaworx’s calling services that Customer purchases of the potential complications that may arise from the delivery of emergency services when dialing 9-1-1 using a VoIP based Service. Specifically, Customer acknowledges and agrees to inform all employees, guests and other persons, who may use Altaworx’s VoIP calling services at any registered location(s) of the limitations detailed below that are associated with all of Altaworx’s emergency calling capabilities.
- Customer acknowledges and agrees that all of Altaworx’s Services are Internet based (VoIP) and therefore the 9-1-1 calling capabilities associated with all of Altaworx’s Services are different from those offered by a traditional provider of local telephone service. Altaworx’s VoIP Services are not meant to be relied upon in the case of an emergency. As Altaworx attempts to provide access to emergency service, these VoIP Services are not intended to be used to support or to carry emergency calls to any type of law enforcement agencies, hospitals, medical care units and/or any other like or similar type of emergency service agency.
- Outages of electricity and/or problems with computer connection, Internet connection and/or any other like or similar connection and connectivity issues, including network congestion, will disrupt any Altaworx Service and Customer or end users will not be able to use it for 9-1-1 emergency calling.
- If Altaworx is required to suspend a Customer account due to billing issues, non payment or for any other reason, which creates a disconnection and/or Service disruption creating a Service outage Customer will not be able to use any Altaworx VoIP Services for any calls, including for emergency 9-1-1 calls.
- Altaworx VoIP Services may be capable of being used in locations that are not associated with the traditional geographic area of a telephone number. This capability can cause 9-1-1 problems. All 9-1-1 capabilities will only be available in the location that Customer has associated with the specific Altaworx Customer direct-inward-dial (“DID”) telephone number assigned to a Customer account. For Basic 9-1-1 Services or E 9-1-1 to be accurately routed to the appropriate emergency center, the Customer must provide accurate DID numbers as the call-back telephone number for all 9-1-1 calls along with the accurate address information. Additionally, if the Customer is using the service in a location or geographic region that uses a different area code than the area code in the number Customer is using with their Altaworx VoIP Service, when Customer dials 9-1-1 may not and/or will not be able to reach emergency services, an emergency service center and/or emergency personnel. Even if Customer does reach any of the aforementioned, the Customer call may not reach the proper or appropriate emergency agency, service center or personnel nearest to the actual Customer physical location and the emergency agency, service or personnel may not and/or will not be able to transfer the call or respond to an emergency.
- Failure to provide a correct physical address in the correct format to Altaworx or failure to provide updated registered address information to Altaworx on an immediate basis may and/or will cause all Basic 9-1-1 Service and/or E 9-1-1 calls to be routed to the incorrect local emergency service provider. Furthermore, use of any Altaworx VoIP Service from a location other than the location to which such service was ordered, (the “primary registered address,”) and or failure to provide updated registered address information to Altaworx on an immediate basis may and will result in Basic or Enhanced 9-1-1 calls being routed to the incorrect local emergency service provider.
- Customer affirms and agrees that it is of critical importance to immediately register accurate specific location information every time the Equipment associated with the Customer Altaworx VoIP service is moved. If Customer moves any Altaworx Equipment to another location without immediately notifying Altaworx and ensuring the information is properly registered; if and when Customer dials 9-1-1, Customer may not be able to reach any emergency agency, service officer or personnel. Even if Customer does reach emergency agency, service office or personnel; if Customer has not provided valid location information to Altaworx the emergency personnel closest to or near Customer actual location may not be able to locate the Customer location. Additionally the emergency agency, office or personnel may not or will not be able to transfer the call or respond to the Customer emergency.
- Any obligations which may be imposed by any Federal and/or State law on operators of Private Branch Exchange (PBX) or multiline telephone systems are obligations which are imposed on the Customer, and not on Altaworx If Customer and/or Altaworx becomes aware the Customer is using the Service in violation of Federal or State obligation, Customer agrees that they will immediately discontinue the use of Altaworx’s VoIP Services or Altaworx shall have the right to suspend or cancel the Customer Service and incur no liability to Customer or any other third party. However such suspension or cancellation shall not relieve Customer of any charges and/or termination fees which may be imposed by Altaworx relative to the Customer Service Order Form.
- The Customer affirms and agrees that the Altaworx VoIP Services will only be used for business, non-residential purposes in an environment that requires either multiple lines or extensions. If the situation arises where Altaworx becomes aware that Customer is using the Service for residential use, Customer agrees that they will immediately discontinue the use of the Altaworx calling Service or that Altaworx shall have the right to suspend or cancel the Customer Use of Service and incur no liability to Customer or any other third party. However such suspension or cancellation shall not relieve Customer of any charges and/or termination fees which may be imposed by Altaworx relative to the Customer Service Order Form.